I’ve been carrying these on a laminated card in my wallet for as long as I can remember. They need to be shared:
- People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you’re successful, you’ll win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People need help but may attack you if you help them. Help them anyway.
- Give the world the best you have, and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
Image from PublicDomainPictures, courtesy of pixabay.com.